HOW TO USE TAMPON
- Make sure your hands and fingers are clean
- Tug gently at the cord to ensure it is not broken or loose (see Figure 1)
- Before unwrapping a fresh tampon, first take the applicator out from inside the plastic wrapping, and pull the cord of the tampon gently with the other hand to make sure it is not loose
- Check the shape of the front rounded side of the applicator (it should look like Figure 2)
- Make sure the round end of the applicator (the part you will be inserting) is not damaged or broken.
- Do not use if the packaging has been damaged or opened.
- The product has been sterilized for use, but should ideally be used as soon as possible after opening a new box
- Do not use during your first period after childbirth, or for up to eight weeks after childbirth
- Ensure that the cord is HANGING OUTSIDE your vaginal opening. Do NOT cut the cord.
2. How to insert a tampon
(Follow the instructions and insert a tampon in the correct manner. If the tampon is inserted correctly you will feel no discomfort at all!)
If you feel discomfort while wearing a tampon it could be due to the tampon not being positioned properly (not inserted deep enough etc.). In that case remove the tampon and dispose it in the dustbin. Unwrap a fresh tampon and insert it, following the steps outlined here. A tampon that has been inserted correctly should not result in any discomfort to the user.
(1)Hold the ridged portion firmly
Hold the ridged part of the applicator firmly between your thumb and middle finger of one hand. Make sure the rounded part of the applicator is facing towards the vagina
(2)Choose a comfortable position
Stand or sit in a relaxed, comfortable position. Choose from any of the positions shown above.
(3)Place the white tube of the applicator at the vaginal opening
With the other hand spread open the skin around the vaginal opening. Place the tip of the white tube of the tampon applicator (not the end with the cord hanging out) in the opening of your vagina.
(4)Slide the applicator till the finger holding the applicator (at the ridged point) touches your vaginal opening.
Breathe deep to relax, and gently slide the white tube of the applicator in an upwards.
(5)With the other hand, push the transparent tube completely up inside
Still holding the applicator on the ridges with one hand touching the vaginal opening, with the other hand push the bottom of the white small tube completely up inside. This slides the tampon out of the applicator and correctly into your vagina.
(6)Take out the white and transparent tubes
Once the tampon is inside your vagina, remove the white tube. Do not pull the cord while doing so (the transparent tube can also be removed at the same time). Make sure the cord of the tampon is hanging down outside your body, making it easier to remove the tampon.
How to remove a tampon
Hold the cord of the tampon from a place close to your vaginal opening. Breathe out to relax and ease our body, and gently pull the cord diagonally downwards. Use a tampon for up to 4-8 hours, depending on your flow.